Wing Chun & Boxing – HAS MOVED
Wing Chun is a straight to the point martial art, using economy of motion, centre line theory, trapping and multiple strikes to nullify attacks. It’s a fairly recent martial art (only 300 to 400 years old) although the original roots of Kung Fu can be traced much further back. Wing Chun was made famous by the late great Bruce Lee, who used many of its principles as the basis of his own art Jeet June Do. Western boxing needs no introduction, but suffice to say the footwork and punching techniques compliment Wing Chun extremely well. For the first hour of lessons we concentrate on boxing, padwork and technical sparring and the second hour on Wing Chun.
What will I need to bring/wear
- Make sure you bring water… you’ll need it.
- Wear loose fitting gym gear.
- Clean trainers/boxing boots – or in your socks :-). Outdoor shoes cannot be worn on the mats.
- Boxing gloves / wraps if you have some, if not we have spare gloves.
This martial arts class focuses on the following methods and positions:
- Strikes – Standard Boxing Punches, Wing Chun Punch, Elbows, Palm, Eye Gouges, Knees and Low Kicks.
- Centre-Line Theory.
- Flow – No rigid set movements.
- Chi-Sau – Sticky Hands
The first lesson is free and then on a pay as you go basis 2 Hour Session – £7.00
Every Thursday 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Age Range – Over 16’s
NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT THE HUB
CLASSES NOW RUN @ BOURNE FITNESS
WING CHUN & BOXING COACH
Steven Phillips – Main Instructor for this Class